Tonight Matt and I got the chance to make a quick run to Toy-R-Us without Lucas. We were there to buy his birthday presents, so naturally we couldn't bring the birthday boy. Can you believe our boy is about to be 4? As we were were pursing the "big boy" aisles, I found myself marveling that we are no longer shopping for L in the baby/preschool section. Whatever happened to Elmo and Handy Manny? Toys that only come in primary colors and sing songs at every touch or shake? It's a whole new world.
Now it's all about monster trucks, laser guns, and race cars. And of course, airplanes, dinosaurs, snakes, and spiders.
I am quite happy to say that I have made the transition from squeamish, girly Mommy, to tough Mommy who can growl, wrestle and not scream every time I see a spider. Of course, it helps that I've trained Lucas to remove any creepy crawlers we find in the house! I've learned to be a circus performer, acrobat, storyteller and adventurer.
I'm so thankful for the ways Lucas has stretched me and challenged me. He's all boy and I love that!
Now it's all about monster trucks, laser guns, and race cars. And of course, airplanes, dinosaurs, snakes, and spiders.
I am quite happy to say that I have made the transition from squeamish, girly Mommy, to tough Mommy who can growl, wrestle and not scream every time I see a spider. Of course, it helps that I've trained Lucas to remove any creepy crawlers we find in the house! I've learned to be a circus performer, acrobat, storyteller and adventurer.
I'm so thankful for the ways Lucas has stretched me and challenged me. He's all boy and I love that!
Comments