(In random order because I somehow messed up uploading the images!)

Ava fed herself grits this morning! Miss Independent got fussy while I was feeding her, so I gave her a dipping spoon and she gobbled it up!

Thanks to
Kathryn , I made, for the first time ever, homemade cinnamon rolls! She taught me how to make the dough and roll them up back in the fall when she came to visit. We hadn't seen each other in well over a year (this girl is a world-traveler), so we got caught up in the kitchen over lots of butter, flour and sugar. Truly, the kitchen is the best place for great conversations.

Here's our big boy on his first day back to preschool! I got a little choked up as I prayed for him in the car! But it was a great experience for him! I loved the low-key approach from his teacher and Lucas stood nervously at the door during drop-off. One conversation about fishing and Lucas felt comfortable to say goodbye to me.
When I picked Lucas up from school, his hair was wet from sweat and he couldn't stop rubbing his eyes. I peppered him with questions for about 5 minutes until finally the poor kid told me he'd had enough. But from what I could gather, they learned about the letter "C", the color orange, and some kid (not L) peed in his pants.
Sounds like a great day to me!

This picture is all about the details. Notice, I put a bow in Ava's hair (with the help of a headband) because I couldn't resist, even though the girl barely has any hair! Next, notice the delightful chocolate pound cake made by Matt's mom, and finally take a moment to notice the necklace and "wristbands" on Lucas. He got those in a party favor on Friday and wears them all the time! We don't let him wear them out in public, and we're hoping he'll get bored with them soon. If not, they may end up "lost" or broken!
Comments
And those cinnamon rolls look divine. Can I have one? :)