I'm not going to lie to you. Today was a bad day. It didn't start off that way. In fact, it started off kind of good. And the middle of it was fun; we went to the water park. I figured we should go a few more times before it closes for the season. It was after the water park when things went down hill. As the whining (Ava) and disobedience (Lucas) increased, my mood totally went down hill. (And it is still hovering in the dark abyss.)
Some days I feel like supermom. Other days, like today, I just feel like quitting. I think it's the isolation that can come from the routine of life as a SAHM that bogs me down. Whether it's due to schedules, tempers, or whatever, sometimes we don't get out of the house, and the only "adult" conversation I have is when Matt gets home from work.
Tonight he got home at 8:30.
I consoled myself with some Blue Bell chocolate ice cream. (Sorry Kat, I think I went over my points today - and I'm not even a fan of ice cream! yikes!)
Thankfully this is a very rare exception.
Tomorrow is a new day. Lucas will be at preschool in the morning, and I'm not sure how Ava and I will spend our time together.
I think we may go smile at the senior citizens shopping at Wal-mart and buy some room-darkening shades for the bedrooms.
I'm tired of our kids waking up at first morning's light.
I hope you have a great day!
Some days I feel like supermom. Other days, like today, I just feel like quitting. I think it's the isolation that can come from the routine of life as a SAHM that bogs me down. Whether it's due to schedules, tempers, or whatever, sometimes we don't get out of the house, and the only "adult" conversation I have is when Matt gets home from work.
Tonight he got home at 8:30.
I consoled myself with some Blue Bell chocolate ice cream. (Sorry Kat, I think I went over my points today - and I'm not even a fan of ice cream! yikes!)
Thankfully this is a very rare exception.
Tomorrow is a new day. Lucas will be at preschool in the morning, and I'm not sure how Ava and I will spend our time together.
I think we may go smile at the senior citizens shopping at Wal-mart and buy some room-darkening shades for the bedrooms.
I'm tired of our kids waking up at first morning's light.
I hope you have a great day!
Comments