Skip to main content

First day of school tomorrow

My baby starts back to school tomorrow after a summer filled with hot, lazy days, joy-filled play at the waterpark, and several trips to Grandma's house. It has been a great summer, and I am not ready to see it end.

After lots of prayer, searching and phone calls, we have pulled Lucas out of the preschool he attended last year, and found a place for him at another school. It's not like we had a major issue with the school he was at, but with Lucas's late summer birthday, we really believe that Lucas needs to be around kids his age or even a bit older.

I know all the pluses to being the oldest male in the class - in leadership and athletics, but at the age of 3 almost 4, Lucas is very immature emotionally. And for that reason, we are thrilled at him being in a classroom of older 3's, young 4's.

Now, I'm not going to lie to you. I am slightly uncomfortable with our son going to an "uppity" preschool with a mile-long waiting list. We only got in because some poor kid had to drop out 2 weeks before school started. We just aren't "uppity" kind of folks. And I certainly don't care to pretend that we are. We like to keep it real.

For example, last night I smacked my foot into the door frame, and I've been whining like a baby ever since. I may be able to get through childbirth without pain meds, but jam a toe and I'm out of commision.

Sometimes, I let Lucas wear his pajamas all day long and even sleep in them again the next night.

Ava is turning into a diva. Enough said.

I often forget to wash my face before going to bed. (Praise Jesus for Bare Minerals makeup!)

I never floss (but I do brush faithfully, so don't judge me too harshly.)

And I am obessed with The Office. Have I ever worked in an office? Umm, no. But that doesn't stop me from watching the episodes over and over and over on Hulu and Netflix while I'm cooking dinner.

I've lost over 12 pounds this summer with Weight Watchers, and I'm only 8 pounds away from my goal!

Sometimes I lie in bed and trace the trails of strech marks on my tummy and feel like I still have a long way to go before I feel like me again.

But then I remember the joy that brought on these marks, and I can roll over with contentment in my heart knowing that it was and is totally worth it.

So this is me keeping it real.

How about you? Share something about yourself!

Comments

Anonymous said…
as a religious follower of your blog, i felt compelled to answer your question :)

i am dying to have a child, despite my husband and i not being sure we are completely ready yet. did you feel that way prior to Lucas?

that's me keeping it real :)

~*mandy*~

ps - my mom used to let us stay in our pj's all day and then sleep in them the next night too :)
SaraEliza said…
Hey Mandy!

Our situation was a little different before having Lucas. I had some health issues that finally resulted in our dr. telling us to get pregnant asap.

But with Ava, yes, we were desperate to have another baby!

Here are my questions for you:
Why do you feel the urgency to have a child right now?

Why does your husband think you aren't completely ready?

I think it's important for both of you to feel "ready" - but I think that is accomplished through lots of prayer and direction from the Lord

Thanks for sharing! :)
Anonymous said…
my younger brother was born when my parents were forty, and i now have a fear of being an 'old' parent. it's hard on them a lot.

andy's (my husband) lack of rush or decisiveness is due to his unerring faith. he continually tells me that when God deems it time for us to have a baby, we will.

i say, let's give him some help :)

~*mandy*~

ps - keep up the posts, i love to read your blog while i'm at work :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...