It is the eve of our precious daughter's first birthday, and I have spent it reminiscing over the joyful and stressful days leading up to her birth. I have been a total sap this week, crying at the drop of a hat, as I celebrate and mourn the fact that our baby girl is now one year old.
Tonight I cried with a broom and mop in hand. After being out of town for the weekend, Matt and I are cleaning the house in preparation for Ava's party tomorrow! There isn't any time for me to sit around and be weepy when dust bunnies are waiting to be conquered. We even moved our couches to clean behind them for the first time in forever and were horrified at the pile of dust, dog hair and random toys I found back there!
The ironic thing is that the party is going to be held outside in our courtyard. Our guests may never set foot in our house tomorrow night, let alone look behind my couch.
But than again, the local news is forecasting the chance for afternoon showers, so the kitchen floor had to be mopped!
We celebrated Ava's birth with my family today. Here are a few pictures from the festivities.
Apparently, I am trying to convey some secret message to Matt with my eyes. Not too sure about that one. As you can see, Ava really enjoyed her cake! It took her a while to get into it, but once she tasted the sugary goodness made by her Grandma, this girl was quick to get it all over herself!



We are so blessed to have such wonderful family who love and support us. My Mom has gone above and beyond to pour out her love on her grandkids. (There are 5 of them now!!) making sure to have a special relationship with each of them. My sisters, Amy and Melanie, and brother in law, Brock, also came to celebrate with us! And of course, Lucas and his cousin Alyssa enjoyed "helping" Ava unwrap her presents and eat her cake!
Tonight I cried with a broom and mop in hand. After being out of town for the weekend, Matt and I are cleaning the house in preparation for Ava's party tomorrow! There isn't any time for me to sit around and be weepy when dust bunnies are waiting to be conquered. We even moved our couches to clean behind them for the first time in forever and were horrified at the pile of dust, dog hair and random toys I found back there!
The ironic thing is that the party is going to be held outside in our courtyard. Our guests may never set foot in our house tomorrow night, let alone look behind my couch.
But than again, the local news is forecasting the chance for afternoon showers, so the kitchen floor had to be mopped!
We celebrated Ava's birth with my family today. Here are a few pictures from the festivities.
Comments