I've been playing around with my Mother-in-law's fancy shmancy camera this week. Here are a few of my favorites so far. I hope to get some good black and white photos of Ava tomorrow. I'd like to capture her sweet chubby legs and pudgy fingers.
The quiet from Sunday ended pretty quickly after I wrote my last post. The week has been full of time with friends, time in the kitchen and lots of time spent outside. I made chicken and saugsage gumbo on Monday; a great recipe from Southern Living. Last night I surprised Matt with a romantic dinner of surf and turf at home. Our friends kept the kids while we enjoyed dinner on our fine china with no interruptions! How refreshing to eat a meal without hearing "Excuse me Mommy" 18 times. We finished the night with the best dessert ever - a chocolate 6 layered cake from Divinci's.
I did manage to find the focus and energy to start a project, aren't you proud! I'm painting a bookshelf that will house our growing collection of books that have been packed away for the past 6 months. Because the weather has been so amazing, I've been painting on the front porch while Lucas and Ava play outside with me! I know cold weather is going to return soon, after all it is still Febuary, but I hope this week is a glimpse of the fun we are going to have this spring!

Comments