Matt's been growing a beard for about 3 weeks. He's pretty good at it. I personally prefer the less is more theory on facial hair, but he likes to try out the moutain man look every so often. After a couple weeks of scruffy, I protested by no longer shaving my legs, but I could only do it for a couple days before giving up!
Due to work meetings this week, Matt shaved his face leaving only a soul patch. Last night Matt and Lucas were talking during the bedtime routine about his new look when this conversation took place:
"Daddy, where's your beard?"
"I shaved it buddy"
"What about that patch?"
"Well I left a little bit"
"Well, that hair is sad; he misses his family. You need to grow him some more family."
FYI: I spent some time googling "soul patch" today. Apparently there is a wealth of information on facial hair online. Gillette has a "grooming glossary" complete with pictures. The "toothbrush" and the "trucker" particularly make my skin crawl.

Comments