Skip to main content

Waiting to see the doctor

We have been so blessed to have a wonderful OB/GYN and Pediatrician! We've been with them for several years now, and have relied on their personable, quality care. We feel like they are a part of our family! (Okay, so not that close, but we do love them!) Vanessa understands what I mean!

But we are having the hardest time finding a family doctor for me and Matt. I thought we had found "the one", but after spending 2 hours in a waiting room today, I've decided it's time to get back into the game and find someone else! I can understand a short wait, but 2 hours to see a doctor for 10 minutes is ridiculous! Eventually I got tired of people watching and listening to the conversations going on around me. (It's not like you can read a magazine lying in a waiting room - who knows what snotty hands have been touching it before you!) Thankfully Ava is the best baby ever, and stayed happy for the total 3 hours we were at the doctor's office today.

We know a great doctor in town, but he runs a special kind of practice for people who don't have insurance. He's super great and I highly recommend him if he fits your needs! But since we pay out the waa-zoo for insurance each month, we should probably use it, right?

If you live in the area and know a doctor who runs a small, family practice, please pass that info on to me!

On a totally random note - Ava is saying "mama" now!!!! Usually only when she's upset and wants something, but i think it still counts! :)

Comments

Sugar and Spice said…
My parents go to a doctor in Pendleton. He is an older man but very kind. We never have to wait very long when we go.I used to go to him also. There is also Dr. Walker in Sandy Springs. He is a family friend and a very good doctor. Some of my other family members go to him. Hope this helps!
Vanessa said…
We totally had it made in this area as well. I became really close with the family of one of my students the first year at Midway. Dad's a doctor and he spoiled us! We would just call him at home and he would come by our house or we would stop by their house - it was great! I miss that too. He works at a practice for people without insurance, so that wouldn't work for you either. Sorry! Good luck though.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...