Ava said her first word this week, "Da-Da"! I've been coaching her to say "Mama" ever since, but it hasn't taken so far. I love watching the relationship grow between Ava and Matt. Because Lucas is so close to his daddy, of course, I want the same for our girl. I am so blessed to have a hubby who is so invested in our children's lives. He always makes time for them; eager to play trains with Lucas or tickle Ava with his nose.
My Dad passed away when I was 20. It was unexpected and life-altering for all of us. I am so thankful for a Daddy who loved me dearly and showed that in his own special way. My prayer is that Ava will be a "daddy's girl"; not that she can get anything she wants from Daddy (because Matt would so not put up with that), but a sweet adoration and devotion to her Dad. I love, love, love watching Lucas and Ava spend time with their Daddy.
The other day, Matt was chilling on the couch after I forced him to take a sick day. He was feeling so crummy that I had to step in and tell him to rest. He wouldn't do it on his own. Lucas asked him why he was laying down and after Matt explained that his neck hurt, Lucas said, "my neck hurts too" and preceded to bring his pillow and blanket to the loveseat and laid down. Too sweet.
I'm so greatful for my wonderful hubby.
My Dad passed away when I was 20. It was unexpected and life-altering for all of us. I am so thankful for a Daddy who loved me dearly and showed that in his own special way. My prayer is that Ava will be a "daddy's girl"; not that she can get anything she wants from Daddy (because Matt would so not put up with that), but a sweet adoration and devotion to her Dad. I love, love, love watching Lucas and Ava spend time with their Daddy.
The other day, Matt was chilling on the couch after I forced him to take a sick day. He was feeling so crummy that I had to step in and tell him to rest. He wouldn't do it on his own. Lucas asked him why he was laying down and after Matt explained that his neck hurt, Lucas said, "my neck hurts too" and preceded to bring his pillow and blanket to the loveseat and laid down. Too sweet.
I'm so greatful for my wonderful hubby.
Comments