Most days, I live for nap time. I do my best to work Ava's schedule so she will go down at the same time as Lucas. I need those 2 precious hours of quiet. I never knew how loud a 3 year old can be until Lucas hit this wonderful and challenging stage of exploration. Seriously, we are trying so hard to teach him about manners and speaking in an "inside" voice, but the kid has only two volume settings - loud and louder. His language has exploded. We are continually amazed at what comes out of his mouth and head. He has finally learned to correctly pronounce his name (no longer "Gucas"), but my favorite word he still stumbles over is "heck-i-top-ter". Too cute!
But today the house feels too quiet. Both kids are asleep (which hopefully means no grouchy pants this evening) and Matt has returned to volunteer at the evening services at church. I turned off the t.v. because there's nothing good on, but I may have to turn it back on just to fill in the empty space. Weird, huh? We've been so busy keeping up with our daily routine that I think I'm missing spontaneity. There are a million projects to do around the house, but I'm really lacking the motivation. I never thought I would say this, but sometimes I miss our tiny first home. It only took me 45 minutes to clean it each week, but now I feel like I can never keep up with our new house. There is always something that needs to be cleaned, causing those fun, creative projects to be pushed aside.
I do plan however, to throw my energy into planning a romantic dinner for my sweet husband in honor of Valentine's Day. Instead of going out, I'm going to attempt a fancy-shamcy homecooked meal. But don't tell him, it's a surprise....
Oh wait - I hear Ava saying "da-da" in her crib. We might not have very challenging converstations together, but she sure can brighten my afternoon.
But today the house feels too quiet. Both kids are asleep (which hopefully means no grouchy pants this evening) and Matt has returned to volunteer at the evening services at church. I turned off the t.v. because there's nothing good on, but I may have to turn it back on just to fill in the empty space. Weird, huh? We've been so busy keeping up with our daily routine that I think I'm missing spontaneity. There are a million projects to do around the house, but I'm really lacking the motivation. I never thought I would say this, but sometimes I miss our tiny first home. It only took me 45 minutes to clean it each week, but now I feel like I can never keep up with our new house. There is always something that needs to be cleaned, causing those fun, creative projects to be pushed aside.
I do plan however, to throw my energy into planning a romantic dinner for my sweet husband in honor of Valentine's Day. Instead of going out, I'm going to attempt a fancy-shamcy homecooked meal. But don't tell him, it's a surprise....
Oh wait - I hear Ava saying "da-da" in her crib. We might not have very challenging converstations together, but she sure can brighten my afternoon.
Comments