In an effort to get out of Anderson and save my shins, Matt and I took the kids to Greenville for a morning of shopping and lunch. Since we both have been working out pretty heavily at the Y, we need to update our running shoes. I've been wearing the same pair for over 4 years! Yikes!
We first stopped at Run-In; a great shop located on Augusta Road. I carried in my shamefully dingy tennies, and was asked roll up my jeans, stand on one foot, and walk in my bare feet. The examination was quite thorough. I tried on several pairs of shoes and was told to run around outside to see how they feel. Seriously, Lucas and I ran through the parking lot at least 5 times. I ended up with a pair of Nikes that feel like I'm walking on marshmellows. Really sturdy marshmellows.
Our great experiences at Run-In and Fleet Feet (Matt got his shoes there), led to a discussion about quality customer service. Call me high maintenance (I dare you), but if I'm going to spend my money, I want to receive qualifed and personal service. For example, I drive to Greenville every 8 weeks to get my hair cut at Cindy's Salon and Day Spa because I know that I will love my hair every time. Melody takes my texture, lifestyle, face shape and hair goals in mind as she works her magic. Totally worth the drive and money.
We get the same personal, quality attention at the kid's doctor's office. The nurses know our names, we rarely have to wait very long, and the doctors care about treating the spiritual, emotional, and physical sides of children. They even provide handouts. Can't get better than that.
I feel the same way about food. I ate lunch at Sullivans this week with some of the girls where I had the best burger I've had in a long time. Created by a chef (not a cook), the blue cheese on top of the meat was too die for. The food and service there fits exactly what I'm talking about; quality ingrediants, fantastic atmosphere and attentive service. Totally worth the price. (Lunch is extremely affordable.)
I'll never forget the time I went to Clinque to buy lipstick at our local mall. I've always been afraid of color, but I was in the mood for bold. Instead of walking way, confident of my sultry, new lips, I left frustrated because the makeup lady didn't posses the talent to tell me what would look good on me. I want an expert to take care of me in areas that I don't feel confidant. Seriously, if I come to you asking for some suggestions for eyeshadow, please take the time to look at my eyes before you start whipping out the newest shade to hit the market. I don't want to look like someone else; I just want to enhance what I got.
Speaking of crappy customer service, my poor, poor hubby just got off of my cell phone after talking with AT&T for 4 HOURS straight. The problem was resolved, but only because Matt kept pushing them to do the right thing. Persistence pays off baby.
So, yeah, I probably am a little high maintenance, but I think it part of being the third child. :)
We first stopped at Run-In; a great shop located on Augusta Road. I carried in my shamefully dingy tennies, and was asked roll up my jeans, stand on one foot, and walk in my bare feet. The examination was quite thorough. I tried on several pairs of shoes and was told to run around outside to see how they feel. Seriously, Lucas and I ran through the parking lot at least 5 times. I ended up with a pair of Nikes that feel like I'm walking on marshmellows. Really sturdy marshmellows.
Our great experiences at Run-In and Fleet Feet (Matt got his shoes there), led to a discussion about quality customer service. Call me high maintenance (I dare you), but if I'm going to spend my money, I want to receive qualifed and personal service. For example, I drive to Greenville every 8 weeks to get my hair cut at Cindy's Salon and Day Spa because I know that I will love my hair every time. Melody takes my texture, lifestyle, face shape and hair goals in mind as she works her magic. Totally worth the drive and money.
We get the same personal, quality attention at the kid's doctor's office. The nurses know our names, we rarely have to wait very long, and the doctors care about treating the spiritual, emotional, and physical sides of children. They even provide handouts. Can't get better than that.
I feel the same way about food. I ate lunch at Sullivans this week with some of the girls where I had the best burger I've had in a long time. Created by a chef (not a cook), the blue cheese on top of the meat was too die for. The food and service there fits exactly what I'm talking about; quality ingrediants, fantastic atmosphere and attentive service. Totally worth the price. (Lunch is extremely affordable.)
I'll never forget the time I went to Clinque to buy lipstick at our local mall. I've always been afraid of color, but I was in the mood for bold. Instead of walking way, confident of my sultry, new lips, I left frustrated because the makeup lady didn't posses the talent to tell me what would look good on me. I want an expert to take care of me in areas that I don't feel confidant. Seriously, if I come to you asking for some suggestions for eyeshadow, please take the time to look at my eyes before you start whipping out the newest shade to hit the market. I don't want to look like someone else; I just want to enhance what I got.
Speaking of crappy customer service, my poor, poor hubby just got off of my cell phone after talking with AT&T for 4 HOURS straight. The problem was resolved, but only because Matt kept pushing them to do the right thing. Persistence pays off baby.
So, yeah, I probably am a little high maintenance, but I think it part of being the third child. :)
Comments