So I'm giving up my morning at the gym just so I can catch up on the blog! Because I'm just so dedicated! HA! - actually I'm enjoying some quiet in the house as Matt and Lucas are at the Y and Ava is napping. I know I could be working up a sweat right now, burning some calories that need to go, but I'm rather enjoying this precious time. Oh the sacrifices we make as moms......
I woke up at 3:30 this morning to "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" coming from Lucas's room. I stumbled out of bed expecting to hear a request to find Frog, his beloved orange, scraggley, friend or to provide comfort after a nightmare. Instead, my bright eyed, bead headed boy said rather cheerfully, "I need to go tee-tee!" Rather surprised at this request, I followed L down the hall and watched him through almost closed eyes, go teetee with a huge grin on his face. As if waking up Mommy in the middle of the night was a reason to be praised. Once the task was complete, Lucas asked from M&Ms, (I said no), than pranced back to bed. Lucas pranced, I tried to not run into any walls.
So does this mean Lucas is ready to start sleeping in underwear? I'm kind of dreading this transition because I don't like changing sheets - especially in the middle of the night.
I had lunch with a friend this week at Chick-fil-a. While our boys played and our girls napped in their carriers, Molly told me all about her routine at home and how she keeps her toddler occupied while taking care of her baby. Considering that this issue is very real for me, I was quite interested. You can read all about it on her blog.
I woke up at 3:30 this morning to "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" coming from Lucas's room. I stumbled out of bed expecting to hear a request to find Frog, his beloved orange, scraggley, friend or to provide comfort after a nightmare. Instead, my bright eyed, bead headed boy said rather cheerfully, "I need to go tee-tee!" Rather surprised at this request, I followed L down the hall and watched him through almost closed eyes, go teetee with a huge grin on his face. As if waking up Mommy in the middle of the night was a reason to be praised. Once the task was complete, Lucas asked from M&Ms, (I said no), than pranced back to bed. Lucas pranced, I tried to not run into any walls.
So does this mean Lucas is ready to start sleeping in underwear? I'm kind of dreading this transition because I don't like changing sheets - especially in the middle of the night.
I had lunch with a friend this week at Chick-fil-a. While our boys played and our girls napped in their carriers, Molly told me all about her routine at home and how she keeps her toddler occupied while taking care of her baby. Considering that this issue is very real for me, I was quite interested. You can read all about it on her blog.
Comments