It seems like for every step forward we take in the potty training, there are two steps backwards. Lucas has been doing so great lately with going in the potty; he even put number 2 in there on Monday! We were so happy we took him out for ice cream! But today, he's wet his pants twice and just now I walked down the hall and spotted a puddle right outside of his door. When I asked him what it was (praying that he had dripped water from the bathtub) Lucas tells me that it's "t-t". I gave him a very serious look and then asked him where the "tt" had come from. He replied "from my tenis". It was really hard to not laugh when he said that. But the kid has on a pull-up (it's nap time), which means that he had to pull it down in order to leave his puddle in the hallway. I was not amused anymore.
So is this day of setbacks a fluke? I am so ready to have this stage completed for him. One kid in diapers is enough! I know he gets discouraged, but at the same time I can't help but think that somwhere in that adorable head of his, Lucas thinks that it is okay to go on the hardwood floors, as long has his undies stay dry.
Someone tell me that girls are easier!
So is this day of setbacks a fluke? I am so ready to have this stage completed for him. One kid in diapers is enough! I know he gets discouraged, but at the same time I can't help but think that somwhere in that adorable head of his, Lucas thinks that it is okay to go on the hardwood floors, as long has his undies stay dry.
Someone tell me that girls are easier!
Comments