Our house is a total wreck right now. There are boxes of Christmas decorations in the hallway waiting to go in the attic, dog hair piling in every corner, a bathroom that is in desperate need of cleaning, toys everywhere, dirty dishes in the sink, laundry waiting it's turn, my first sewing project spread out over the dining room table, and cookies that need to be made for L's school party tomorrow. Presents need to be wrapped, Christmas cards to be mailed, shopping to finish and holiday baking to be started and completed. And I stink to high heaven after a great work out at the gym this morning. I may have to delay my work until I get a shower. Matt would probably appreciate that.
What in the heck am I doing blogging right now? :)
But it's okay. No, I'm not being lazy or exhibiting extreme avoidance issues. I'm just savoring a morning spent watching my two precious children begin building the fragile and wonderful relationship between siblings. Somehow we ended up on the (dog hair covered) floor of our bedroom playing with Lincoln Logs and a Fisher Price toy. Ava is fascinated with her big brother and loves sitting up (with my help, of course) to see him play. My heart leaps every time Lucas patiently shows Ava how to do something or brings her a toy to play with. And talk about building his ego; Ava showers Lucas with laughs and smiles everytime he is near her. All he has to do is say "boo!" or do a little dance to earn her slobbery praise! Even with the potty training, Ava's presence encourages Lucas to "go t-t standing up!" We've gone cold-turkey with potty training and cut out all pull-ups except for sleeping. He asks me all the time to bring Ava in the bathroom so she can watch him. (Any advice for getting him to do "number 2" in the potty? He always does it during nap time in his pull up. I would love some suggestions.)
Okay, enough of the potty talk.
So I'm one happy Mama today. I guess I should hit that shower now? (After I clean it, of course!)
What in the heck am I doing blogging right now? :)
But it's okay. No, I'm not being lazy or exhibiting extreme avoidance issues. I'm just savoring a morning spent watching my two precious children begin building the fragile and wonderful relationship between siblings. Somehow we ended up on the (dog hair covered) floor of our bedroom playing with Lincoln Logs and a Fisher Price toy. Ava is fascinated with her big brother and loves sitting up (with my help, of course) to see him play. My heart leaps every time Lucas patiently shows Ava how to do something or brings her a toy to play with. And talk about building his ego; Ava showers Lucas with laughs and smiles everytime he is near her. All he has to do is say "boo!" or do a little dance to earn her slobbery praise! Even with the potty training, Ava's presence encourages Lucas to "go t-t standing up!" We've gone cold-turkey with potty training and cut out all pull-ups except for sleeping. He asks me all the time to bring Ava in the bathroom so she can watch him. (Any advice for getting him to do "number 2" in the potty? He always does it during nap time in his pull up. I would love some suggestions.)
Okay, enough of the potty talk.
So I'm one happy Mama today. I guess I should hit that shower now? (After I clean it, of course!)
Comments
I bribed Cogan with a new Thomas train if he would poop on the potty. To make a VERY long story short, He eventually did it ONCE. Now I am out 20 buck with nothing to show for it, because he is pooping in his pull-up first thing in the morning or after nap again.
I asked Cogan what makes him a big boy (looking for "big boys poop on the potty" as an aswer). And he said, "Jesus makes me a big boy!". I had to laugh... yes, no matter what I try to do on my own... it is by God's Grace alone that Cogan will ever poop on the potty!