We may have a humble, non-professionally decorated tree compared to many, but I love it! Because it is filled with special ornaments signifying special times in our lives. This particular cutie came from Vail. I bought this marshmellow man for Matt in 2001 while my sister Amy and I were in Colorado visiting our cousin Virginia. We had been dating for less than a year when I gave this to him for Christmas.
I can't remember who gave this to Lucas, but I think it is so cute! As we unpacked 5 or 6 "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornaments for Lucas, I realized that we need to buy some for Ava this year.
These blackbears were purchased in Dillsboro last year after Lucas's first train ride with Aunt Steph and Uncle Andy.
Ahhh, our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. We had a huge tree that year. It was real (the artifical one didn't come until Lucas did) and so beautiful! I remember what a special Christmas it was that year for the two of us. I wish I could remember what we gave each other that year. We've never been big into gifts for each other. Quality time is more our love language.

Comments
i thought i'd share one of my parents' favorite Christmas traditions with you: each year since we were born my mom and dad have bought us an ornament. my mom takes a sharpie and writes somewhere on it our name and the year. once we're married my mom will pack up the ornaments that belong to us, and we'll have a starter set for our new family Christmas tree. plus there are tons of ornaments given by friends and family that we take with us too. (unfortunately for my mom, after this year two of her three will be married...i'm worried that her tree will be a bit naked!)
~*mandy*~