
Our girl is sick, but you can't tell it by the sweet smile on her face today. She's such a trooper; in between blowing snot bubbles and getting her temperature taken, Ava gave us a few grins. (Thanks, Mimi, for these great pictures and for watching our girl today so we could go to church.)

I have to be honest; I've been kind of frustrated the past couple days. My dear daughter has only wanted to nap in my arms while the dishes are piling up and I'm getting more and more behind in my christmas shopping. I don't want to sound like a calloused mom; the truth is, I love that I get to hold her so much and that she finds such comfort in my arms. I just wish I had a maid and personal shopper until she gets over this cold. I guess it's the Mary/Martha principle; right now I'm focusing on what's important (Ava) and not on my to-do list.

Please pray for Ava's cousin David. He's having open heart surgery tomorrow and he's only 3 weeks old. Pray for protection from infections and praying for healing, for we serve a God who heals!

Comments