Is it really Monday? It feels like a Friday for some reason. I know what it is. I just got in from a weekend trip to visit my Mom. And while it was a wonderful trip, it absolutely wore me out. I need another weekend to recover. I left Matt at home, so it was just me and the kiddos. The first night, Lucas ended up sleeping in the bed with me (which has never happened before) because he was homesick. It was really sweet and a little pitiful. He still woke up at his usual time of 7 a.m. even though we didn't fall asleep until 1 in the morning. I tried to catch a little nap today, but Lucas kept waking me up asking if "I was done yet". One day I'll get to nap for more than an hour, right?
My sister Melanie spent the weekend with us and she brought her little girl, Anna. We had so much fun with the girls listening to them coo at each other and kick their legs. The girls are 5 weeks apart. Mel and I had a blast putting Anna and Ava in matching Christmas dresses that Grandma bought! We even took them to Olan Mills to have their picture taken! The poor photographer was worn out trying to get both babies to look at him and smile. Melanie and I spent most of the time giggling at his gigantic effort. I'll post the pictures soon!
Well it's time for me to unpack the suitcase, start on the laundry and jump back into the wonderful routine of life! (Unless I can convince myself tomorrow is Saturday and I get to sleep in - yeah right!)
My sister Melanie spent the weekend with us and she brought her little girl, Anna. We had so much fun with the girls listening to them coo at each other and kick their legs. The girls are 5 weeks apart. Mel and I had a blast putting Anna and Ava in matching Christmas dresses that Grandma bought! We even took them to Olan Mills to have their picture taken! The poor photographer was worn out trying to get both babies to look at him and smile. Melanie and I spent most of the time giggling at his gigantic effort. I'll post the pictures soon!
Well it's time for me to unpack the suitcase, start on the laundry and jump back into the wonderful routine of life! (Unless I can convince myself tomorrow is Saturday and I get to sleep in - yeah right!)
Comments