The old man is snoring.... or something like that.
We're having a laid back night in the Alexander household this evening. I'm wearing my "it's laundry day" clothes while catching up on blogs and facebook; Lucas and Matt are singing along to Thomas the Train (no joke, Matt's enjoying it too!), and sweet little Ava is entertaining herself on her play gym. Good times.
I made Taco soup tonight - a favorite in our house. Truthfully, it is full of flavor, super easy to make and low-fat. It would be even more low fat if I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, but I don't think my meat and potatoes hubby would go for that.
Because this is such a random post, and random evening, I think I will share my recipe for Taco soup with you!
1 Pound ground beef
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 (16 oz) jar of picante sauce
1 can rotel
Brown the ground beef, then pour all ingredients into the crockpot. Don't drain the corn or beans. Turn your crock pot onto low (or high) depending on how much time you have, and enjoy! Serve with cheese and sour cream ontop and tortilla chips! I promise your family will love you for it!
We're having a laid back night in the Alexander household this evening. I'm wearing my "it's laundry day" clothes while catching up on blogs and facebook; Lucas and Matt are singing along to Thomas the Train (no joke, Matt's enjoying it too!), and sweet little Ava is entertaining herself on her play gym. Good times.
I made Taco soup tonight - a favorite in our house. Truthfully, it is full of flavor, super easy to make and low-fat. It would be even more low fat if I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, but I don't think my meat and potatoes hubby would go for that.
Because this is such a random post, and random evening, I think I will share my recipe for Taco soup with you!
1 Pound ground beef
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 (16 oz) jar of picante sauce
1 can rotel
Brown the ground beef, then pour all ingredients into the crockpot. Don't drain the corn or beans. Turn your crock pot onto low (or high) depending on how much time you have, and enjoy! Serve with cheese and sour cream ontop and tortilla chips! I promise your family will love you for it!
Comments
I still read your blog... I think Ava is adorable :) The blog tickles my maternal instict which is, admittedly, still pretty hidden.
So, up in Vancouver (where it rains a LOT), we don't have this Rotel you speak of. What is it? I enjoy reading your recipes because they're of quite a different style from the "comfort food" I grew up eating but some of them sound delicious!
Cheers,
Rachel