Skip to main content

Ava's Voice

Over the past month, Ava's personality has blossomed! She readily hands out smiles to everyone who looks her way! She is truly a happy and content baby (and I am SO thankful for that!) I love putting Ava on the changing table and watching her whole body move in excitement as she coos and kicks. She hates being put on her tummy and loves reading the book "Mimi's Toes". Three months is truly one of my favorite stages.

We took Lucas and Ava to Olan Mills last night to get pictures made for our Christmas card. I rarely put Ava in a dress, but last night she looked so adorable in her Christmas plaid dress complete with green bloomers. Of course she spent most of the time pulling her dress up and showing off her bloomers, but she was still precious. Lucas looked so grown up in his Christmas sweater vest. Haha I can't believe I put him in a sweater vest. That is something I NEVER do, but I couldn't resist this one time!

As the holiday season is quickly approaching, my mind is full of ideas of creative ways to teach Lucas about this special time of year. I'd love some suggestions on ways to communicate the TRUE Christmas story on a level Lucas will understand. He certainly had no trouble grasping the concept of Santa. Meg over at Muses of Megret had a great idea about writing letters to the North Pole.

So, as I gear up for holiday preparations with Thanksgiving next week, I'm taking time to cherish every coo and slobbery smile Ava sends my way. "She'll only be little once" as everyone says.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i know that every year for as long as i can remember, my family has read the Christmas story out of the Bible before opening gifts. when i was younger we read the story out of a children's Bible, so that the wording made a little more sense. once my brother and i were old enough to read we took turns each year reading it to our parents and each other. it's kind of a neat tradition that i love, and it's a great way to make memories, and remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

i also had a friend whose mother made a birthday cake for Jesus every year and they ate it after their Christmas dinner.
megret7 said…
Last year, we bought and used What God Wants for Christmas from Lifeway. It is a really, really neat, tangible nativity set that you open day by day, a story for each character.

This year, I was lucky to find a DVD to compliment it (Miss Patty Cake -- Our kids love her.) It helps tie it all in. It helped G last year, and I can already see R's wheels turning this year. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...