Lucas is finally asleep. Matt is relaxing after a hard day at work. The dishes are washed. And I'm exhausted. It's been one of those days. One of those days that only a deep, long night of sleep can hope to heal. I woke up this morning already feeling overwhelmed for no reason at all. I stayed busy around the house, making baby food (green beans and carrots), hand washing my "dry clean only" clothes, and of course, playing with Little Guy. We even went outside and sat in the grass for about 20 minutes. I thought for sure Lucas would start eating the grass immediately, but he was so distracted by his surrondings that only one blade made it to his mouth. I was impressed. However, everything fell apart at naptime. Lucas cried and screamed for almost 2 hours. I tried everything to console him until finally I concluded that he must be teething, so I gave him some tylenol. It worked. For about 20 minutes; and then he was back up again. We got to hang out with Andrew tonight, who served to be a great distraction for Lucas. Lucas couldn't stop staring at Andrew as he crawled across the floor, pushing the new, blue ball we got him yesterday at Toys R Us. I'm hoping that the more time Lucas spends with Andrew, the more motivated he will be to start crawling. He's scooting everywhere, manuvering his body to get him where he needs to be, but he can't get up on all fours yet.
My brain is now fried and my body is screaming for a back rub. I'm off to bed now.
My brain is now fried and my body is screaming for a back rub. I'm off to bed now.
Comments
»
»
»