Skip to main content

Unique is better

So, I'm at Bi-Lo today picking up a few items, when I have this conversation with the checkout guy:

Checkout guy: "Your baby is staring at me."
Me: "Yeah, he likes to do that"
Guy: "What's his name?"
Me: "Lucas."
Guy: "You don't hear that name often."
Me: "Exactly. That's why we chose it. We wanted something unique."
Guy: "No one names their babies normal names anymore."
Me: "Well, my name is Sara and there are only about 50 million Saras around. And my husband's name is Matt, which is way common too."
(Guy gestures to his name tag)
Guy: "My name is Matt"
Me: "Exactly my point"
Guy: "Unique names are easy to make fun of"
Me: "Not Lucas"
Guy: "Don't take offense, but I can remember a kid in the 2nd grade called Lucas Puke-as"
Me: "Well, then we'll just teach him to beat up all of the kids who make fun of him"
Guy: "Oh wow, a unique name and a violent kid in the sandbox. Great parents"

Comments

Anonymous said…
That could be the funniest conversation I've heard this week! (I'm guessing you wouldn't really teach Lucas to beat up other kids, right?

Mandy
(Jennie Smith's cousin...)
Anonymous said…
(Laughing Out Loud) - that was HILARIOUS! Why kind of person says that, Sara??! That is why I laughed so hard - that there really are people out there who truly have no tact. I can just see you so poised and confident in your conversation --- man, I love you girl. I needed that laugh. :)
Anonymous said…
I would say, teach Lucas to go back when he's bigger and beat that guy up also....LOL!
SaraEliza said…
Yes, my middle name is Elizabeth. I think almost every Sara born in our generation is Sara Elizabeth! Noah is a beautiful name, one we considered too. My favorite girl name is Emma... to bad it's everyone else's favorite in America!
Anonymous said…
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Anonymous said…
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
Anonymous said…
Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...