Lucas has been tugging on his right ear for a few days now. I passed it off as teething. His right eye has been goopy, and I made a mental note to mention it to the doctor. For eight months now, Lucas has stayed almost completely well with only a one-time nasal drainage tainting his perfect record. But that all changed today, when I got home and noticed that he was burning up. The thermometer read 102. I just about freaked; He's never had a fever before. I waited about thirty minutes, gave him some lima beans and rice (yuck!) and took it again. 101.3. Time to call Dr. Dale. We got in to see the doctor within the hour and walked away with the diagnosis of Pink Eye and a cold. "Pink eye?" I exclaimed. "Where in the heck did he get that?" I asked. "Probably at the grocery store or just about anywhere you've taken him. That's life," was Dr. Treash's answer. Not cool. We left armed with a perscription for eye drops and a wealth of knowledge, including handouts with charts, regarding the basic behavior of the common cold.
On a different note, our little boy is growing fast! He has gained double the expected amount of weight during the past couple months, moving him up to 17 pounds, 7 ounces. We found out yesterday that Lucas likes bananas, and he will eat green veggies as long as they are camoflouged by rice cereal or oatmeal. He surprised me the other day when he started clapping on his own, right after I sang the line, "if you're happy and you know it...."!
Can you tell that I really love being a mom?
On a different note, our little boy is growing fast! He has gained double the expected amount of weight during the past couple months, moving him up to 17 pounds, 7 ounces. We found out yesterday that Lucas likes bananas, and he will eat green veggies as long as they are camoflouged by rice cereal or oatmeal. He surprised me the other day when he started clapping on his own, right after I sang the line, "if you're happy and you know it...."!
Can you tell that I really love being a mom?
Comments
»
»