So it appears that today was senior-citizen day at Ingles. Well, not officially, but it sure seemed like it when Lucas and I went grocery shopping. I've never seen so many white haired, little old ladies in one place.... except maybe at my old church.... Anyway, they all wanted to tickle Lucas, grab at his toes and do a song and dance number to make him smile. Lucas shined through it all. Two women in particular seemed to be taken in by his charm. Standing by the dairy aisle, one lady transparently said to me after recieving a smile from Lucas, " I really needed that today." The other lady, a proud great-grandmother of a 9 month old little girl entertained Lucas while we waited in line for 10 minutes as the credit/debit card machines crashed and the clerks ran around trying to fix the problem. This woman oozed maternal love as she made funny noises that caused Lucas to squeal with delight. They bonded so well, I just about asked her to spend the afternoon with us!
I really can't say it enough how much we enjoy Lucas. His birth brought about dramatic changes in our lives, emotionally, relationally, spiritually, and physically, but superceding it all is Joy. I am definatly feeling sappy as I am preparing gifts for our moms for Mother's Day. A couple shows I caught today were honoring Moms, and I will admit I teared up at each of their stories. I am excited to be a part of this special holiday, so excited that I made a cake this morning.
Oh, I hear Lucas.... Have a great weekend!
I really can't say it enough how much we enjoy Lucas. His birth brought about dramatic changes in our lives, emotionally, relationally, spiritually, and physically, but superceding it all is Joy. I am definatly feeling sappy as I am preparing gifts for our moms for Mother's Day. A couple shows I caught today were honoring Moms, and I will admit I teared up at each of their stories. I am excited to be a part of this special holiday, so excited that I made a cake this morning.
Oh, I hear Lucas.... Have a great weekend!
Comments
»