Our big boy fed himself for the first time today! A graham cracker, green peas (not pureed), and Gerber veggie puffs all go on the lists of firsts. To be honest, I gave him the cracker thinking that he would probably gag on it given our previous experience with texture. Boy was I wrong. The kid chowed down on that cracker like it was dipped in chocolate (not that he has tasted chocolate, but you understand what I mean). That success inspired me to share some of my peas with Lucas at lunch. Three peas actually made it into his mouth; the other 5 or so ended up smashed on the highchair tray. I'm so excited to see Lucas take the first "steps" into this new stage of fingerfoods and "real food". His top five favorite foods right now are sweet potatoes, green beans, squash, prunes, and oatmeal. I really do hope our efforts now will help him become a healthy and non-picky adult eater. Tomorrow he's going to try peaches. Yum.
Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!
Comments
»
»