Our house is super dark right now. I have the kitchen light on, but everywhere else it is dark like night time. A summer storm is rolling through Anderson right now, and I'm loving it. Like Meg, I too enjoy the way a summer storm makes the house feel cozy and dark. Back in middle or high school, I remember learning the meaning of the word melancholy. And I remember one day deciding that summer storms must be a literal definition of that word. Causing thoughtful or gentle sadness. Aren't storms like that? They roll in out of no where, and roll out almost as quickly. And in their wake, they leave a gentle feeling of mourning and healing. Back in my youth, summer storms made me want to write poetry. Now, as a wiser almost 24 year old, I realize that my poetry is mediocre, and a storm is no reason to flaunt that. Now the storm just reminds me to slow down, think a little deeper, and pray to the One behind the storm.
Child of God, Wife, Mom, Daughter, Friend, Lifestyle Blogger.
Comments
»
»
»
»