So what do you get when you have a tooth that's about to break through the gums, a cold that won't go away, and constipation all at the same time? A cranky, baby Lucas, that's what you get! And what do Mommy and Daddy do? Dole out Tylenol like it's candy, apply oragel every chance you get, take walks around the cul-de-sac when the crying won't stop, and run to Bi-Lo for some apple juice and prunes. Just kidding about the tylenol. We only give it at the correct times. It's been a long day. Actually a long week. Teething is no fun. None what so ever.
I ran into our neighbors at the grocery store tonight, where yes, I did buy apple juice and baby prunes to help with the pooping issues, who kindly offered me their spare bedroom when I told them of the drama at our house! I'm happy to add prunes to the list of foods that Lucas enjoys! We let him try a tiny piece of green bean today - big mistake. The boy has amazing gag reflexes and managed to bring up his carrots and oatmeal with little to no effort. Mental note - don't give Lucas any food with pieces in it yet.
There have been some great moments in between the crying fits. Like tonight, when Lucas kept yelling "baaaaa" and clapping his hands. Or when he contentedly played on the floor with a basket full of toys all by himself. Some would say the contentment was tylenol induced; we like to believe it was just his sweet disposition.
Pray for Matt - he has a virus thing. Not quite sure what it is, but it has wiped him out for about 24 hours. And pray for me. I tend to get cranky when stressed.
I ran into our neighbors at the grocery store tonight, where yes, I did buy apple juice and baby prunes to help with the pooping issues, who kindly offered me their spare bedroom when I told them of the drama at our house! I'm happy to add prunes to the list of foods that Lucas enjoys! We let him try a tiny piece of green bean today - big mistake. The boy has amazing gag reflexes and managed to bring up his carrots and oatmeal with little to no effort. Mental note - don't give Lucas any food with pieces in it yet.
There have been some great moments in between the crying fits. Like tonight, when Lucas kept yelling "baaaaa" and clapping his hands. Or when he contentedly played on the floor with a basket full of toys all by himself. Some would say the contentment was tylenol induced; we like to believe it was just his sweet disposition.
Pray for Matt - he has a virus thing. Not quite sure what it is, but it has wiped him out for about 24 hours. And pray for me. I tend to get cranky when stressed.
Comments
»