Our internet is finally working again, YAY!! It went down Friday afternoon while L and I were at Target. Actually two things happened while we were there; the internet crashed and Patch, our somewhat adopted stray, had kittens. I say somewhat adopted because we feed her, but she is too skittish to let us pet her. There is this quiet voice in my head that tells me we are only at the beginning of kitten mania if we don't get Patch fixed. Her mother, Rosemary, also eats at our house and apparently was pregnant too. We discovered this when two itsy-bitsy kittens came tumbling into the carport last week to nurse from their Mama. That makes for 7 cats in all. Oh my. Any one want a free kitty??
Lucas is amazing us everyday. His newest thing is to carefully pull out multiple toys from a basket I place in front of him and entertain himself for about 20 minutes. He is rolling across the room, winding up in strange places, frustrated because a couch or table is blocking his next roll. I'm beginning to understand why everyone told me not to be so eager to see him become mobile. He seems to be on track to be an outgoing little guy, eager to be the center of attention. In fact, he has started whining to us when he senses that our attentions are elsewhere. I want to curb that behavior fast. I try to tell him that he is not the center of our world, but he doesn't seem to get it. Then I ask him if he would like some cheese with his whine.
I'm taking Lucas to the Montessori school today. Partly because I haven't been there since Christmas and I miss everyone, but mostly so that I can observe in the baby room and learn some teaching methods to use on Lucas. Sneaky? Maybe. But important because there are a lot of things I want to be teaching Lucas right now.
Lucas is amazing us everyday. His newest thing is to carefully pull out multiple toys from a basket I place in front of him and entertain himself for about 20 minutes. He is rolling across the room, winding up in strange places, frustrated because a couch or table is blocking his next roll. I'm beginning to understand why everyone told me not to be so eager to see him become mobile. He seems to be on track to be an outgoing little guy, eager to be the center of attention. In fact, he has started whining to us when he senses that our attentions are elsewhere. I want to curb that behavior fast. I try to tell him that he is not the center of our world, but he doesn't seem to get it. Then I ask him if he would like some cheese with his whine.
I'm taking Lucas to the Montessori school today. Partly because I haven't been there since Christmas and I miss everyone, but mostly so that I can observe in the baby room and learn some teaching methods to use on Lucas. Sneaky? Maybe. But important because there are a lot of things I want to be teaching Lucas right now.
Comments
»
»
»