Skip to main content

Tempting

Have you been outside? Wow! It is gorgeous here in the Upstate. I had my sunroof open on the way home from church today while Lucas snoozed in his carseat. He is always so subdued when I pick him up from the nursery. His demeanor says to me, "Mama, stop socializing and get me to my crib!"

Well, church was pretty amazing. For those of you who were there you understand what I mean. The message was really intense and the response was amazing. I wish that we would do an alter call every Sunday. I think people would really respond to that. For those of you not in attendance, the sermon was on Temptation. Perry used the classic Biblical story of David and Bathsheba. The point that struck me the hardest is that I need to set some boundaries to deal with things that I am tempted by. For example, food is a big temptation for me. As Perry said, I too am a food picker. Even when I am finished with my meal, I will pick at the food that is in front of me until it is gone. It's like I'm mindless when it comes to food. If there is chocolate in the house, I will eat half of it before I even realize what I'm doing. It's quite pathetic of me, I have to say.

Many of you know that I am trying to lose some weight and get in shape. I'm lost 40 pounds so far, 38 of which was baby, and 2 pounds were from me. I am surronding myself with people who are keeping me accountable by asking me hard questions about my habits and motives. But my challenge for myself this week is to actually write down some boundaries to deal with the temptation of overeating. I need a game plan. Dr. Phil would be so proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...