I have a new favorite musical artist. James Blunt. Completely unoriginal of me, I know, as his song "Beautiful" is number one on the charts, but I love it all the same. For a few weeks now, the song has been playing on the radio and I would ask Matt who the singer was, but it wasn't until today watching Oprah that I put a name to the unique voice. What caught me the most was the anguish in his eyes as he sang. Obviously this man has loved and lost. His second piece was self-described as a "miserable song" about saying goodbye to a lover. What happened to this man? The only good thing that I can say is that some very passionate and soulful music has come out of his pain. His one flaw apprears to be that he first toured with Elton John. But I'll try to overlook that lapse in judgement.
Check him out sometime. James Blunt.
Check him out sometime. James Blunt.
Comments