I did something today that I haven't done in a long time. I listened to my body, which was communicating to me through a headache, swelling, and fatigue, that I needed to rest. And that is what I did. I feel sort of bad, because I was supposed to volunteer at Kid's Day today, a huge community wide event sponsered by my church, Newspring, but when I woke up at 7:30 this morning, I knew that it was finally time to give in to the exhaustion.
It amazes me how much a 40 hour work week can wear me out. I know that I am almost 6 months pregnant, but I thought the tiredness was supposed to go away and boundless energy was supposed to set in. But this time of relaxation has been a nice treat. I ate Chocolate Lucky Charms in bed, cooked a grilled cheese sandwich (yum) and watched television (all of this after I slept until 10am) . In fact, I actually watched a movie that I had been specifically warned not to watch. A movie that I had purposefully avoided since it came out simply because everyone said that I wouldn't like the ending. Well, I did it anyway. I watched "Message in a Bottle". And yes, I cried. Who with a heart wouldn't? But at the end of the movie, I got up, wiped my tears, and said out loud "I have that love. There is no need for me to cry over what they have lost because I have found it in Matt." And so, I am now going to begin my day with the outside world. I'm headed to the bank, then off to puruse the baby department at Toys R Us, and quite possibly might end up at Jittery Joe's to enjoy a Spiced Chai Latte while reading Captivating. May the relaxation continue.
Sara
It amazes me how much a 40 hour work week can wear me out. I know that I am almost 6 months pregnant, but I thought the tiredness was supposed to go away and boundless energy was supposed to set in. But this time of relaxation has been a nice treat. I ate Chocolate Lucky Charms in bed, cooked a grilled cheese sandwich (yum) and watched television (all of this after I slept until 10am) . In fact, I actually watched a movie that I had been specifically warned not to watch. A movie that I had purposefully avoided since it came out simply because everyone said that I wouldn't like the ending. Well, I did it anyway. I watched "Message in a Bottle". And yes, I cried. Who with a heart wouldn't? But at the end of the movie, I got up, wiped my tears, and said out loud "I have that love. There is no need for me to cry over what they have lost because I have found it in Matt." And so, I am now going to begin my day with the outside world. I'm headed to the bank, then off to puruse the baby department at Toys R Us, and quite possibly might end up at Jittery Joe's to enjoy a Spiced Chai Latte while reading Captivating. May the relaxation continue.
Sara
Comments