Whew..... I am worn out. I have just spent 2 hours preparing a dish that is quite possibly the strangest, most elebrate dish I've made in my cooking lifetime.... and I have no idea how it is going to turn out! And then I'm going to serve it to 11 of my closest friends! Am I crazy? Possibly. But I like to think of it as stretching my cooking wings. Tonight is Greek Night at Home Group and I'm responsible for the main dish. Unfortunately, Matt and I never eat Greek and I have no idea what this is supposed to taste like! But I guess there is a first time for everything! Maybe we'll find a new favorite! Oh, you're probably wondering what this dish is.... Moussaka. An authentic greek dish consisting of lamb (I used beef) and egg plant. And you mix it with things like garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, onions, tomato sauce, etc. It is comprised of layers of fried eggplant, the meat mixture, parmesan cheese, more fried eggplant, Bechamel sauce, and more cheese. Crazy stuff. Keep your fingers crossed. I am praying that this is going to be a huge hit! (Or at least a good laugh!)
The baby and I are doing great. So is Matt. :) We are all very sleepy because I haven't been sleeping well for the past 2 weeks. I'm trying to squeeze in naps, because I know our little guy needs a well rested Mama. I'm continuing to feel his kicks and movements. Oh, how I love our little baby.
Sara
The baby and I are doing great. So is Matt. :) We are all very sleepy because I haven't been sleeping well for the past 2 weeks. I'm trying to squeeze in naps, because I know our little guy needs a well rested Mama. I'm continuing to feel his kicks and movements. Oh, how I love our little baby.
Sara
Comments