Tuesday afternoon, I headed up to the Anmed Health Campus to take my Glucose Screening. I was given a tall glass of what appared to be fizzy orange soda and was told to drink it in 5 minutes then sit for an hour. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting (I had heard horror stories about the drink), but it wasn't too bad. Just like a very strong orange soda. I spent the hour catching up on my reading. I believe I have mentioned previously that I am deeply involved in the book, Captivating. It's one of those books that encourages you to read slowly so that you don't miss a morsel of its goodness. I always try to have a pen with me when I'm reading it to make notes in the margins and underline points that strike my soul. I don't think I am capable of explaining the impact this book has had on me just yet. I'm still in the processing part. But soon, I'm going to post a couple excerpts that I think might touch you too.
Oh yeah, back to the orange soda.... After an hour, a nice nurse called me back to a tiny sterile room where she spent 5 minutes trying to find a willing vein. Thankfully, her pursuit was guided by only thumps and nudges, not needles. Finally, another nurse brought in a butterfly needle which was successful on the first try. It's no surprise to me that the Butterfly was called in. Several occasions have caused my veins to shrivel up and hide. Two vials later, I was a little shaky, but good to go. I'll find out my results next week when I see Dr. Duniho again.
Sara
Oh yeah, back to the orange soda.... After an hour, a nice nurse called me back to a tiny sterile room where she spent 5 minutes trying to find a willing vein. Thankfully, her pursuit was guided by only thumps and nudges, not needles. Finally, another nurse brought in a butterfly needle which was successful on the first try. It's no surprise to me that the Butterfly was called in. Several occasions have caused my veins to shrivel up and hide. Two vials later, I was a little shaky, but good to go. I'll find out my results next week when I see Dr. Duniho again.
Sara
Comments