Lucas and I went to the doctor today for his 4 year well-check. While we had to wait forever to see the doctor, we at least got to wait in an exam room, away from the possibly flu-infected children in the waiting room. I told Lucas before we arrived that he wasn't allowed to play with any of the toys in the waiting area and brought a book from home for him to read instead.
Yeah, I'm a little paranoid about my kids catching the swine flu or any nasty virus. My life is complicated enough without sick babies around!
Here are Lucas's 4 year stats:
Height - 41. 5 inches (78%)
Weight - 41 pounds (82%)
He is a big boy. And for some reason, this makes his Daddy really proud. I'm guessing it's a man thing, not sure.
It was a great visit with a great report. All looks well. We apparently have a healthy, growing, smart boy on our hands. Not that I needed a MD to tell me that, but it certainly was nice to hear!
The shots at the end of the visit were not well received. Lots of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. But as I knew it would, the McDonald's chicken nuggets we picked up afterwords worked wonders to soothe Lucas's hurting pride and sore limbs.
Yeah, I'm a little paranoid about my kids catching the swine flu or any nasty virus. My life is complicated enough without sick babies around!
Here are Lucas's 4 year stats:
Height - 41. 5 inches (78%)
Weight - 41 pounds (82%)
He is a big boy. And for some reason, this makes his Daddy really proud. I'm guessing it's a man thing, not sure.
It was a great visit with a great report. All looks well. We apparently have a healthy, growing, smart boy on our hands. Not that I needed a MD to tell me that, but it certainly was nice to hear!
The shots at the end of the visit were not well received. Lots of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. But as I knew it would, the McDonald's chicken nuggets we picked up afterwords worked wonders to soothe Lucas's hurting pride and sore limbs.
Comments
I am already dreading R's checkup next July!
Glad it was a great visit.