I love it when we do something special on a Saturday. Since I'm a SAHM with kids who aren't in school all day, boredom can set in quickly if we don't shake things up a bit. This past Saturday, after canceling our yard sale due to the impending rain, the kids and I joined Matt at a Family Fun day for Camperdown Academy at Furman University. Matt's company had been hired to run sound for the event, so we tagged along as roadies.
As you can see, I didn't dress my kids for the 64 degree, wind blowing, mist falling weather. Thank goodness Matt had a blanket in his trailer. Matt and I both wore jackets and shorts, but failed to realize that our kids needed jackets too! (I know you're shaking your head in shame, Grandma!) Don't worry, I did remember to put shoes on Ava!
There were a lot of fun things to do at the event, including feeding goats, bouncy slides and playhouses, face painting, a magician, great music :), hot dogs and a 5K race. Apparently there was even a celebrity there - a guy from last season's Biggest Loser ran in the race!


There were a lot of fun things to do at the event, including feeding goats, bouncy slides and playhouses, face painting, a magician, great music :), hot dogs and a 5K race. Apparently there was even a celebrity there - a guy from last season's Biggest Loser ran in the race!
Comments