After (finally) finding some type of consistency on my blog, I've been suspiciously quiet for many days. Mainly because I have nothing to write about. If you are one of my faithful few who still check back, thank you for not giving up on me.
It's true though; sometimes our lives are more about the routine (eating, sleeping, playing, cleaning) then about anything exciting. And that's a good thing, I think. While I do enjoy the pressure of anticipating a big event or upcoming activities, I know you have to have some "normal" in between time or you turn into a stressed out, sometimes irritable, exhausted, mess who can't focus on a single task because you're trying to accomplish a million things at one time.
I'm sure none of you ever get that way, but I sure do!
But I do have a topic which I would like to discuss on this fine, labor day morning.
Whining.
And this isn't really a discussion, but more of a cry for help. But not in a whiny-way, of course.
Our precious Miss A is a whiner - big time. Some days, I can completely ignore her pitiful albeit fake cries, but other days, while she's waiting for food or wants me to hold her, it's a lot more draining on my emotions.
Does anyone have a cure for whining? Please, please share it with me. I want to nip this behavior now before she turns into a full-fledged toddler.
I feel like I am constantly teaching Ava words or gestures to use in place of the high-pitched whine, but more times then not, she gestures while she whines. A win-lose for me. For example, while I'm feeding her, I will say "please" before I give her each bite. I wait for her to nod before giving her the bite. But if I'm not fast enough between bites, Ms. Diva starts letting her impatient feelings be known.
Due to this frustration situation, I've started teaching her how to use a spoon and feed herself applesauce and yogurt. A very messy task for a one-year old, but she is responding to the short-rein of independence.
Tell me how to stop the whining. Please. I'll take any and all suggestions.
*whiny, high-pitched voice*
"Someone help me, puh-leeeeeeeease!!!!"
It's true though; sometimes our lives are more about the routine (eating, sleeping, playing, cleaning) then about anything exciting. And that's a good thing, I think. While I do enjoy the pressure of anticipating a big event or upcoming activities, I know you have to have some "normal" in between time or you turn into a stressed out, sometimes irritable, exhausted, mess who can't focus on a single task because you're trying to accomplish a million things at one time.
I'm sure none of you ever get that way, but I sure do!
But I do have a topic which I would like to discuss on this fine, labor day morning.
Whining.
And this isn't really a discussion, but more of a cry for help. But not in a whiny-way, of course.
Our precious Miss A is a whiner - big time. Some days, I can completely ignore her pitiful albeit fake cries, but other days, while she's waiting for food or wants me to hold her, it's a lot more draining on my emotions.
Does anyone have a cure for whining? Please, please share it with me. I want to nip this behavior now before she turns into a full-fledged toddler.
I feel like I am constantly teaching Ava words or gestures to use in place of the high-pitched whine, but more times then not, she gestures while she whines. A win-lose for me. For example, while I'm feeding her, I will say "please" before I give her each bite. I wait for her to nod before giving her the bite. But if I'm not fast enough between bites, Ms. Diva starts letting her impatient feelings be known.
Due to this frustration situation, I've started teaching her how to use a spoon and feed herself applesauce and yogurt. A very messy task for a one-year old, but she is responding to the short-rein of independence.
Tell me how to stop the whining. Please. I'll take any and all suggestions.
*whiny, high-pitched voice*
"Someone help me, puh-leeeeeeeease!!!!"
Comments