I've stumbled across a wonderful recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I'm pretty picky about my cookies. I like them soft and a little chewy. In the past, my cookies have been too soft, or too crispy, or even too thin. But this week, I came across a couple baking tips that have turned my so-so cookies into give-me-more treats. First, don't let your butter get too soft. Second, don't place your dough on a warm cookie sheet. I rotate pans and allow one to cool while the other bakes. I tried the recipe earlier this week on my family. Today I'm making a couple more batches for Matt to take to work. I figured it's always good to butter up the bosses with homeade cookies. :) Here's the recipe:
Bi-Lo Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
chocolate chips
Mix together butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips. Drop dough on baking sheet and bake for 10 mintues on 375. Cool on wire racks.
Enjoy!
Bi-Lo Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
chocolate chips
Mix together butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips. Drop dough on baking sheet and bake for 10 mintues on 375. Cool on wire racks.
Enjoy!
Comments