Driving to church this morning, I felt an uncontrollable giddyness welling up inside of me. Thankfully, Matt and I had just discussed our route to church or I might have taken a wrong turn or driven to AC, as if on auto-pilot. Church didn't start until 9:30, but we arrived at 8:45 and I'm sure glad we did. The new facility was swarming with excited faces and happy children. As a mom, I felt such comfort leaving Lucas in a room with well-trained volunteers and all new baby stuff! After checking in, Matt and I excitedly waited with the crowd that was growing around the closed doors of the auditorium. At exactly 9:00, we watched the doors open and heard a cheerful volunteer cry out, "Welcome to NewSpring!". The people ahead of us began to scout out their seats, but I had my eye on the front row. No backseat baptist here! We settled into our seats, then turned to take in the sight around us. The auditorium was outfitted with 2500 theater style seats with nice lumbar support and arm rests. Blue, gray, and black panels were stratigically placed on the walls so the perfect sound would be achieved. The stage loomed large, while enormous screens allowed those in the farthest seats an upclose view. And boy, there was excitement in the air.
From the first moments of the service, it was clear why we were all there - to praise Jesus, and Jesus alone. The opener left no room for discussion or nit-picky arguments. Jesus Christ, crucified, buried and resurrected. We worshipped Him for all that He is, for all that He's done, and for all that He will do. Perry's message only reinforced how creative and loving God is. That He, an all-perfect God, reaches down to unperfect people. The message was bold and Bible true. Once again, the line was drawn between following Christ with reckless abandonment and playing religion.
And now I'm back home. Matt is at work, Lucas is sleeping and I'm busy reflecting. Similar to the let down after opening presents Christmas morning, I feel somewhat mellow. The second service of the day is taking place right now, and I wonder if other people are as excited as I was to be there. I hope that they too are challenged to live out their Faith in their relationships and daily lives. At the end of the day, the truth that I am left with is that God is alive, and that He is activly working to mold and reshape me. And I don't think that anyone can deny that something is happening at NewSpring and that God is clearly involved.
From the first moments of the service, it was clear why we were all there - to praise Jesus, and Jesus alone. The opener left no room for discussion or nit-picky arguments. Jesus Christ, crucified, buried and resurrected. We worshipped Him for all that He is, for all that He's done, and for all that He will do. Perry's message only reinforced how creative and loving God is. That He, an all-perfect God, reaches down to unperfect people. The message was bold and Bible true. Once again, the line was drawn between following Christ with reckless abandonment and playing religion.
And now I'm back home. Matt is at work, Lucas is sleeping and I'm busy reflecting. Similar to the let down after opening presents Christmas morning, I feel somewhat mellow. The second service of the day is taking place right now, and I wonder if other people are as excited as I was to be there. I hope that they too are challenged to live out their Faith in their relationships and daily lives. At the end of the day, the truth that I am left with is that God is alive, and that He is activly working to mold and reshape me. And I don't think that anyone can deny that something is happening at NewSpring and that God is clearly involved.
Comments