Matt and I just got back from going to see a movie! I really love going to the movie theater. The big screen, comfy seats, delicious popcorn.... You know, one day I'd like to have a movie theater in my home. I bet everybody would want to come visit if we had that! We saw the movie, "Guess Who", starring Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher. Very funny. It's been a while since I've laughed that much at a movie.
This past Monday I had an OB checkup. It went well. The pregnancy is progressing well, nothing out of the ordinary. We heard the baby's heartbeat again. That was great. The heartbeat is heard by a device called a doppler. Basically it is a hand held device with a microphone like instrument which the doctor places on your belly to hear the baby. The first time we heard the heart beat, I was around 13 weeks. Dr Duniho had to press around pretty hard on my belly with the doppler until we heard that little guy's heart. This time was different. The baby has grown quite a bit and the heart beat was heard much easier. Pretty cool.
I've been having trouble with headaches lately. The kind that Tylenol won't touch, so Dr. Duniho prescribed some mild drugs to see if that would help. I've also been waking up lately in the middle of the night with killer leg cramps. The kind that make you grab your calf and feel sore the next day. Weird, huh? Well, apparently mineral water is supposed to help with leg cramps (who knew?) so I'm going out tomorrow in search of this little miracle.
I hope you don't think that I'm complaining about my aches and pains. Because the thing is, I would go through this and so much more just to have a baby. I feel so blessed to be pregnant. I love being pregnant. I love the way my belly is starting to pop out so that strangers are asking me if I'm expecting. I love the anticipation I feel waiting for the first time I get to feel the baby move. I love knowing that there is a little life growing inside of me and that I get to be a part of such a great miracle. All of the woes of pregnancy are nothing compared to the joy I feel . I am so blessed.
love,
Sara
This past Monday I had an OB checkup. It went well. The pregnancy is progressing well, nothing out of the ordinary. We heard the baby's heartbeat again. That was great. The heartbeat is heard by a device called a doppler. Basically it is a hand held device with a microphone like instrument which the doctor places on your belly to hear the baby. The first time we heard the heart beat, I was around 13 weeks. Dr Duniho had to press around pretty hard on my belly with the doppler until we heard that little guy's heart. This time was different. The baby has grown quite a bit and the heart beat was heard much easier. Pretty cool.
I've been having trouble with headaches lately. The kind that Tylenol won't touch, so Dr. Duniho prescribed some mild drugs to see if that would help. I've also been waking up lately in the middle of the night with killer leg cramps. The kind that make you grab your calf and feel sore the next day. Weird, huh? Well, apparently mineral water is supposed to help with leg cramps (who knew?) so I'm going out tomorrow in search of this little miracle.
I hope you don't think that I'm complaining about my aches and pains. Because the thing is, I would go through this and so much more just to have a baby. I feel so blessed to be pregnant. I love being pregnant. I love the way my belly is starting to pop out so that strangers are asking me if I'm expecting. I love the anticipation I feel waiting for the first time I get to feel the baby move. I love knowing that there is a little life growing inside of me and that I get to be a part of such a great miracle. All of the woes of pregnancy are nothing compared to the joy I feel . I am so blessed.
love,
Sara
Comments
Glad everything is going so wonderfully! :0)
meg
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try it. Someone else told me that if I put a bar of soap in the bed at night that I won't have leg cramps! No offense to the person who imparted this wisdom, but I think I'm more likely to try the milk than the soap!
Sara
»