Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting on the couch resting after doing some work around the house, when I felt the strangest senstation in my belly. It would stop after I rubbed the area, but return a few minutes later. I felt it again today while I was chilling on the couch. (Yes, I do spend a lot of time with my feet up on the couch.) It almost feels like a movement across the inside of my tummy, located about an inch or two above my belly button and a couple inches to the left. I'm starting to wonder if the baby is rolling around inside. It doesn't feel like a kick, more like something rubbing across that area. Oh, it's incredible. What an amazing feeling to know that there is a little life growing inside of me. I'm sure all of you moms out there know what I'm talking about. It's just so amazing. I can't wait until Matt can feel the baby move when he puts his hand on my tummy. That is going to be an experience to treasure.
Today at work, I was talking with some three year olds, Brendan and Kelsey, about the size of our bellys. Brendan lifted up his shirt to show me his "big belly" which was big, he informed, because he had eaten a lot of snack. I put my hands on my belly (no, I didn't lift up my shirt!) and pointed out that I too have a big belly. But I told Brendan that my belly was big because I have a baby inside of it. After a few moments of reflection, he then looked at me and asked, "How is the baby going to get out of there?" Caught of guard, I said "It's a surprise! We'll have to wait and see what happens". Thankfully he was satisfied. Potentially awkward moment avoided.
I just want to take a moment to tell you how happy I am. Truly happy. Matt and I are in such a wonderful season of our lives. And I'm not just talking about the baby. It's the baby and so much more! We are excited about all that God is doing in our church, over 30 people accepted Christ yesterday at Newspring. God has brought some amazing people into our lives recently and we feel so blessed by their friendships. We are settling into our house and finally making it our home. We are growing in our walks with the Lord and learning to trust God with everything. I truly feel like we have found where we belong. We are home. And I am just so thankful. We have faced lots of challenges over the past 18 months, but praise God He has turned our mourning into dancing. Our tears into laughter. It's amazing how reassuring it is to know that God is leading us and surronding us with His love.
Sara
Today at work, I was talking with some three year olds, Brendan and Kelsey, about the size of our bellys. Brendan lifted up his shirt to show me his "big belly" which was big, he informed, because he had eaten a lot of snack. I put my hands on my belly (no, I didn't lift up my shirt!) and pointed out that I too have a big belly. But I told Brendan that my belly was big because I have a baby inside of it. After a few moments of reflection, he then looked at me and asked, "How is the baby going to get out of there?" Caught of guard, I said "It's a surprise! We'll have to wait and see what happens". Thankfully he was satisfied. Potentially awkward moment avoided.
I just want to take a moment to tell you how happy I am. Truly happy. Matt and I are in such a wonderful season of our lives. And I'm not just talking about the baby. It's the baby and so much more! We are excited about all that God is doing in our church, over 30 people accepted Christ yesterday at Newspring. God has brought some amazing people into our lives recently and we feel so blessed by their friendships. We are settling into our house and finally making it our home. We are growing in our walks with the Lord and learning to trust God with everything. I truly feel like we have found where we belong. We are home. And I am just so thankful. We have faced lots of challenges over the past 18 months, but praise God He has turned our mourning into dancing. Our tears into laughter. It's amazing how reassuring it is to know that God is leading us and surronding us with His love.
Sara
Comments