Skip to main content

Trying to Avoid 4 Loads of Laundry

This week i sent out invitations to Ava's first birthday party. We're having a cupcake party. Simple, adorable, and delicious. I've taken care of all the details - invitations, food, supplies, table cloths, balloons; but I did forget one very important thing - presents! We haven't bought the first present and the bad thing is, my mind is drawing a blank when it comes to what to buy! We have so many toys, but I guess it's time for Ava to have some "girl" toys, instead of always playing with trains, tractors, airplanes. The sweet little girl even knows how to make the "vroom" sound when she "flies" a toy plane.

It's time to bring some pink and purple into the playroom!

But before I can get to the toy store, I have to tackle the mountain of laundry that has piled up this week while I've been nursing a sore throat. I've done my best to keep up with my house duties while sipping as much hot tea as possible, but the dirty clothes snuck past me. I'm not sure if the pile in Lucas's room is clean or not; he likes to spend his afternoon naptime pulling out all the clothes from his dresser and make piles in his bed. Just a minute ago, I found him with baby blue socks on his hands. Apparantly he is doing sock puppets today.

We are weaning Ava off of her bottle (three cheers for no more expensive formula) and introducing her to soy milk. I'm not really sure how to wean a baby from a bottle, since I didn't have to with Lucas, but last night we cut out her bedtime bottle, so i think that is a good first step. Thankfully, she is proficient at drinking from a sippy and seems to enjoy the taste of Silk. We also upgraded her paci from a newborn size to one for 12-18 months. She only takes the paci to sleep, but I recently came to realize that her paci no longer takes up half her face, so it is probably time for an upgrade.

I'll be saving that paci, so I can find it again in the years to come, *sigh* deeply and wonder why I can't remember her being that small.

Just in case you forgot, here's a really cute picture of Miss A with her paci!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...