Skip to main content

It's 8:04 and my kids are still sleeping - It's a miracle!!!

This is a very rare start to the morning. I woke up at 7:00, my body has a natural alarm clock that never lets me sleep in, to a quiet house. The kids aren't awake yet? Amazing. And even more amazing, they are still asleep and it's 7:46!!!

I've been reminded in scripture this morning of just how loved I really am. Let me share with you and I pray that you too will be encouraged and challenged.

Psalm 86:5-7, 11-13

"You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O Lord, listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

For great is your love for me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave."

In this season of trials, we have been reminded over and over just how great the Father's love is for us. Back in the spring time, I felt a subtle sense of encouragement as I looked to the days ahead. Like the scent of a sweet perfume after someone has left the room, my heart recognized the Father's goodness. But amazingly enough, as our circumstances have overall not changed, our hearts have been lifted up by the One who hears and answers, guards and saves (Ps. 86:1-2).

This encouragement is not for me alone, I know that much for certain. Please take a few minutes to read back over these verses. Let them soak into your heart and hear what your Father wants to say to you. He loves you with an everlasting love. His love for you is greater, deeper, and more amazing than anything you can feel or imagine.

Psalm 86:15-16
"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Turn to me and have mercy on me; grant your strength to your servant"

Comments