Due to the overwhelming lack of interesting things to watch on television, I streamed the movie Vanity Fair, starring Reese Witherspoon, tonight through Netflix. My first and foremost question is, was Reese 6-9 months pregnant during the filming of the movie?? I need to do some research to find out because she was looking rather rotund even after her character had delivered her child. (Only a woman with stretch marks covering her body like a road map can call another woman "rotund".)
As a modern-mommy, I must say, it kills me to see the detachment between parents and children back in the day. I know it's been that way forever, but to see the nanny bring in their baby to show him taking his first steps, really saddened me. I am so thankful to know the joy of watching my kids grow, learn and change daily.
Just this morning, Lucas informed that he is now ready to grow quickly so he can get his beard. It seems growing a beard has become a goal to be obtained in Lucas's innocent eyes. When I asked him if he would grow his beard long, he rather emphatically informed me that he will shave it at once.
Oh dear. I can tell my historical movie watching is starting to effect my choice of words. The voice in my head tonight has taken on a rather formal, british tone.
Perhaps I should loosen my corset and curls just a bit.
Cheerio!
As a modern-mommy, I must say, it kills me to see the detachment between parents and children back in the day. I know it's been that way forever, but to see the nanny bring in their baby to show him taking his first steps, really saddened me. I am so thankful to know the joy of watching my kids grow, learn and change daily.
Just this morning, Lucas informed that he is now ready to grow quickly so he can get his beard. It seems growing a beard has become a goal to be obtained in Lucas's innocent eyes. When I asked him if he would grow his beard long, he rather emphatically informed me that he will shave it at once.
Oh dear. I can tell my historical movie watching is starting to effect my choice of words. The voice in my head tonight has taken on a rather formal, british tone.
Perhaps I should loosen my corset and curls just a bit.
Cheerio!
Comments