My husband loves to tease me because I'm a bookworm. Like Meg, I love to read. I've been this way since elementary school. Back then, you could find me devouring every book in the Sweet Valley High series or in the Babysitter's Club. I read while I was brushing my teeth, soaking in the bathtub (I probably dropped at least 10 books in the water), and eating dinner, if my parents would let me get away with reading at the table. And I always had a book with me at school.
I was obsessed with the Christy Miller Series. This christian, fiction series influenced my view of myself as a teen girl who loved Jesus and was kind of boycrazy. Okay, I was really boy-crazy! This main character, Christy, was only crazy about one boy, but the lessons she learned developed her heart for God and her desire to wait on Him. Good stuff! I highly recommend these books to moms with preteen/early teenage daughters. I think they have a new edition out with less cheesy covers. Also, I may be wrong about the covers.
So I'm in the middle of reading two books right now. I typically pick up a few (3-5) novels at the library each week, devour them in a few days, get busy, and forget to return them on time! It's an expensive habit. I've contributed at least $12 in late fees to our local library over the past year!
But I'm trying something new this week. Here's what I'm reading right now:
He Loves Me
In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day
I'll be honest with you. I wasn't too excited about either book when I first got them. But now that I'm a few chapters in, I'm picking up my pen to underline paragraphs quite often. Both books are challenging my view of God, which is always a good thing, and my view of our relationship.
And one more recommendation: If you're looking for a wonderful fiction series, check out Lynn Austin's Refiner's Fire Series. This Civil War series tells the story of the war from three different perspectives: a yankee, a southerner and a slave. My favorite story was from the Northern point of view. Seriously good stuff!
So pick up a book and spend some time for yourself! It's a great break from the world of diapers, spit up, runny noses and the perputual question, "why?" that is heard in our home at least 100 times a day!
I was obsessed with the Christy Miller Series. This christian, fiction series influenced my view of myself as a teen girl who loved Jesus and was kind of boycrazy. Okay, I was really boy-crazy! This main character, Christy, was only crazy about one boy, but the lessons she learned developed her heart for God and her desire to wait on Him. Good stuff! I highly recommend these books to moms with preteen/early teenage daughters. I think they have a new edition out with less cheesy covers. Also, I may be wrong about the covers.
So I'm in the middle of reading two books right now. I typically pick up a few (3-5) novels at the library each week, devour them in a few days, get busy, and forget to return them on time! It's an expensive habit. I've contributed at least $12 in late fees to our local library over the past year!
But I'm trying something new this week. Here's what I'm reading right now:
He Loves Me
In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day
I'll be honest with you. I wasn't too excited about either book when I first got them. But now that I'm a few chapters in, I'm picking up my pen to underline paragraphs quite often. Both books are challenging my view of God, which is always a good thing, and my view of our relationship.
And one more recommendation: If you're looking for a wonderful fiction series, check out Lynn Austin's Refiner's Fire Series. This Civil War series tells the story of the war from three different perspectives: a yankee, a southerner and a slave. My favorite story was from the Northern point of view. Seriously good stuff!
So pick up a book and spend some time for yourself! It's a great break from the world of diapers, spit up, runny noses and the perputual question, "why?" that is heard in our home at least 100 times a day!
Comments