Well it's been an exciting day to say the least! Lucas has been begging for snow since Christmas, so he was overjoyed when I told him the forecast this morning. Even though it was raining like crazy, I took the kids out this morning to church; I needed some Newspring. And I am so glad I did. It was a really great service. They usually post the sermons by Tuesday, so you should check it out!
Matt and I got out tonight after the kids fell asleep to walk around our yard and marvel at the snow! Lucas and I had played in it for a little bit before dinner. We are so not prepared for snowy weather. Lucas had to wear my gloves and Matt's hat because I couldn't find his. And of course neither one of us had snow-worthy boots. We both got soaked, but the joy of romping through the snow with L makes it totally worth it!
Our neighbors got a scary surprise tonight when a pine tree fell on their house! We were outside when we heard the load crash. Thankfully they had decided to eat in the dining room instead of the kitchen table since the tree limbs plunged through their roof and onto the table! Yikes!
Matt, bless his heart, did his neighborly duty and used his "chain saw on a stick" to cut down a large tree branch that was covering the road. Only my sweet hubby would feel the need to bring out his power tools during this "winter storm". Unfortunately for our neighbors they are going to need a lot of work to fix their roof!
Well, it's time to search for some Nyquil, get under the covers and pray that our power/heat doesn't go out. I seriously don't know where we would go
Matt and I got out tonight after the kids fell asleep to walk around our yard and marvel at the snow! Lucas and I had played in it for a little bit before dinner. We are so not prepared for snowy weather. Lucas had to wear my gloves and Matt's hat because I couldn't find his. And of course neither one of us had snow-worthy boots. We both got soaked, but the joy of romping through the snow with L makes it totally worth it!
Our neighbors got a scary surprise tonight when a pine tree fell on their house! We were outside when we heard the load crash. Thankfully they had decided to eat in the dining room instead of the kitchen table since the tree limbs plunged through their roof and onto the table! Yikes!
Matt, bless his heart, did his neighborly duty and used his "chain saw on a stick" to cut down a large tree branch that was covering the road. Only my sweet hubby would feel the need to bring out his power tools during this "winter storm". Unfortunately for our neighbors they are going to need a lot of work to fix their roof!
Well, it's time to search for some Nyquil, get under the covers and pray that our power/heat doesn't go out. I seriously don't know where we would go
Comments