What a nice day. Lucas and I have returned home after a busy weekend visiting family in Georgia and attending baby showers for cousin Alyssa, who is due to arrive in 6 weeks. I am thankful to be home with my dear husband. The strong sense of "home" I feel after being gone catches me off guard, because I am often full of complaints about the size, lack of storage, ugly floors and ranch-design of our home. It's funny how a house can grow on you. I still feel such warmth for our first home, the townhouse we rented on Dundee Court. The three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths were like pure heaven to me after touring other, much smaller apartments up for rent throughout our town. And what special place it was for us. It's where we learned the ins and outs of being married - sharing a bathroom, deciding who would clean said bathroom, having "discussions" which kept us up until 1 or 2 am when a resolve was found, and quite simply, how to truly love. Leaving that apartment was very hard for me. We had found a house that fit the budget and our needs, but it took several months for me to warm up to it. In fact, I would even venture to say that it really didn't feel like "home" until Lucas arrived.
Right now, I'm savoring the quiet house around me. Lucas is out with his Daddy, enjoying himself tremendously, I'm certain. And I'm off to take a nap, a luxury rarely tasted with a soon to be 5 month old in the house. My heart is full, and for that, I am thankful.
Thank you, Jesus for carrying my burdens when I am too weak to carry the load. Thank you for the peace that fills my quiet and silences the pains of depression. Thank you for the sweet, strong Voice which tells me that everything is okay.
Right now, I'm savoring the quiet house around me. Lucas is out with his Daddy, enjoying himself tremendously, I'm certain. And I'm off to take a nap, a luxury rarely tasted with a soon to be 5 month old in the house. My heart is full, and for that, I am thankful.
Thank you, Jesus for carrying my burdens when I am too weak to carry the load. Thank you for the peace that fills my quiet and silences the pains of depression. Thank you for the sweet, strong Voice which tells me that everything is okay.
Comments