Here's what I've been reading:
"What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women" by Dr. James Dobson
- Wow. I finished it last night with a greater understanding of who I am as a woman and how that effects my role as wife and mom. I highly recommend that every woman reads this book and their spouses read it as well. Or at least share the highlights with your husbands. This book expresses a tenderness for stay-at-home moms and even brings to light the struggles that most moms experience.
"and the Shofar Blew" by Francine Rivers
- This is actually a re-read for me. Ms. Rivers is perhaps one of my favorite authors. Her book, "Redeeming Love" brought me to tears like no book has before. Truly a talented writer. This particular book looks at the life of a pastor who builds a "mega-church" with a foundation not on Jesus, but on his own power, fame and pride. A great book about motives of the heart in Christian service.
"What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women" by Dr. James Dobson
- Wow. I finished it last night with a greater understanding of who I am as a woman and how that effects my role as wife and mom. I highly recommend that every woman reads this book and their spouses read it as well. Or at least share the highlights with your husbands. This book expresses a tenderness for stay-at-home moms and even brings to light the struggles that most moms experience.
"and the Shofar Blew" by Francine Rivers
- This is actually a re-read for me. Ms. Rivers is perhaps one of my favorite authors. Her book, "Redeeming Love" brought me to tears like no book has before. Truly a talented writer. This particular book looks at the life of a pastor who builds a "mega-church" with a foundation not on Jesus, but on his own power, fame and pride. A great book about motives of the heart in Christian service.
Comments