I've started my day with an expectation in mind, hence the title. This morning, we began our day rather early (Lucas was hungry around 6:30am) and went to see one of our favorite people, Dr. Treash, Lucas's pediatrition for his one month checkup. A quick trip to the scales determined that Lucas now weighs 9 pounds and 10 ounces, an appropriate jump from the last weigh-in at 8 lbs, 13 oz. And he is 21.5 inches long! Just a side note -- It makes me laugh how detailed and excited I am about every ounce Lucas gains -- and I have a similar emotion for every ounce of weight I lose! We were instructed to begin administering the infamous Vitamin D drops to Lucas once a day, since Vitamin D is the one nutrient that does not infiltrate breastmilk. I say infamouse because supposedly the vitamin tastes terrible and Lucas will hate it! I'll let you know how that goes!
Overall it was a great visit. Lucas cried most the the time (you would too if you had to sit in just a diaper in that cold room!), and Dr. Treash lovingly tried to comfort him with hugs and kisses. I talked with the doctor about my concerns regarding germs and flu season. We both expressed our hesitations on putting Lucas in the church nursery for a while simply because we want to keep him well as long as possible. Matt and I are so thankful that NewSpring has a special room for Mommys and Daddys to watch the service on a tv and keep their newborns out of the nursery.
The plan for the rest of my day involves doing some laundry, taking a much needed nap, and cooking a pot roast. Tonight I am responsible for bringing the meat portion of Atkins night at home group. After a lengthy converstation with the meat man at Publix (they have the best customer relations!), I am embarking on the adventure of cooking two 3.5 pound roasts in my oven for the first time! My rather limited experiences with roasts have always been in a crockpot. Keep your fingers crossed.....
And have a great Tuesday! Gilmore Girls comes on tonight! :) yay!
Sara
Overall it was a great visit. Lucas cried most the the time (you would too if you had to sit in just a diaper in that cold room!), and Dr. Treash lovingly tried to comfort him with hugs and kisses. I talked with the doctor about my concerns regarding germs and flu season. We both expressed our hesitations on putting Lucas in the church nursery for a while simply because we want to keep him well as long as possible. Matt and I are so thankful that NewSpring has a special room for Mommys and Daddys to watch the service on a tv and keep their newborns out of the nursery.
The plan for the rest of my day involves doing some laundry, taking a much needed nap, and cooking a pot roast. Tonight I am responsible for bringing the meat portion of Atkins night at home group. After a lengthy converstation with the meat man at Publix (they have the best customer relations!), I am embarking on the adventure of cooking two 3.5 pound roasts in my oven for the first time! My rather limited experiences with roasts have always been in a crockpot. Keep your fingers crossed.....
And have a great Tuesday! Gilmore Girls comes on tonight! :) yay!
Sara
Comments