It's hard to believe that Lucas will be one month old tomorrow. A month! So much has happened in the past month, and our sweet little boy is growing. Lucas can now focus his eyes on our faces and on objects around 12-18 inches from him. He has even began showing an interest in a little stuffed lamb that sits on his changing table. Matt and I are fascinated by the way Lucas swings his arms about trying to hit the animals hanging above him in his bouncy seat. We've even caught a few smiles! That's right -- Lucas is now starting to smile intentionally at us. And it is beautiful! He is beautiful! Lucas had his first official photo shoot this week. A friend from work came to our home and snapped her camera as we posed inside and outside. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.
A dear friend of mine, Kathryn, has been staying with us during her trip to SC. Kat and I were suitemates in college and close friends. She is currently working for Kingdom Building Minisitries in Colorado and I miss her dearly. I love the way she so naturally and carefully handles Lucas and only laughs when he poos on her pants! (We still have an occasional problem with leaky diapers!)
My Mom came up and stayed with us these past few days. I think she was amazed at how much Lucas has grown! It had been three weeks since her last visit. We left Lucas with his Grandma last night for an hour while Matt and I went to visit friends, Chris and Jennie, in the hospital. Jennie delivered a tiny baby girl yesterday and we are all so excited! Last night was the first official time Lucas was left with a "babysitter" and he did great! Slept the entire time in Grandma's arms! I have to admit I had a hard time being gone so long. After a quick stop at Walgreens, I was practically pushing Matt out the door to get us back home!
In one month's time our world has turned upside down. Thank you Lucas for changing our lives. You challenge us, you inspire us, and you amaze us. We love you, precious little one.
A dear friend of mine, Kathryn, has been staying with us during her trip to SC. Kat and I were suitemates in college and close friends. She is currently working for Kingdom Building Minisitries in Colorado and I miss her dearly. I love the way she so naturally and carefully handles Lucas and only laughs when he poos on her pants! (We still have an occasional problem with leaky diapers!)
My Mom came up and stayed with us these past few days. I think she was amazed at how much Lucas has grown! It had been three weeks since her last visit. We left Lucas with his Grandma last night for an hour while Matt and I went to visit friends, Chris and Jennie, in the hospital. Jennie delivered a tiny baby girl yesterday and we are all so excited! Last night was the first official time Lucas was left with a "babysitter" and he did great! Slept the entire time in Grandma's arms! I have to admit I had a hard time being gone so long. After a quick stop at Walgreens, I was practically pushing Matt out the door to get us back home!
In one month's time our world has turned upside down. Thank you Lucas for changing our lives. You challenge us, you inspire us, and you amaze us. We love you, precious little one.
Comments