Guess what? I'm going to be an Auntie! That's right. My dear oldest sister Amy is expecting her first child in March! Matt and I are so thrilled for Brock and Amy! And they are having a girl! Yay! Shopping for a girl, I'm sure, is going to be so different then shopping for a boy. I love Lucas's clothes. I think he dresses great! But I always notice the adorable and colorful little dresses hanging on a nearby rack as I puruse the classic blue, green, and red outfits made for infant boys. Why can't manufactorers get more creative? I'd like to see more khaki and sage, or even orange and brown. It's moments like these that I wish God had gifted me more in the creative department, so I could stop complaining and make my own clothes. Oh, how "Susie Homemaker" that would be! ha ha
I got a great report at my 6 week check up today. Again, I have to give props to Dr. Duniho who has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever met. Laid back and interested, Dr. Duniho let me pepper him with questions, then listened as I opened my heart a bit. I know he cares about me as a friend and fellow Christ-follower, so I can trust him with my tears. As a nursing mom, eager to be wearing "normal" clothes again, I was disappointed to hear that my weight loss needs to be limited to 2-4 pounds a month. However, I'll try to rally my crushed spirit with the knowledge that slow and deliberate weight loss keeps pounds off longer than fast and quirky fad diets.
Lucas is doing great, by the way. Truly a joy. I feel like a whole new facet of life has opened up to me by becoming a mom. He will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. At the risk of being dramatic, I have to confess that every evening I pray that God will give me one more day with Lucas and Matt. One more day to hold them in my arms, to do silly things to make Lucas (and Matt) smile, and one more day to kiss these two precious men. I know all too well that life is a gift from the Lord and that He can take it away in an instant. That makes each day all the more worthy of being treasured.
Pray for us as we explore opportunities for me to stay home with Lucas. More on that later.
S
I got a great report at my 6 week check up today. Again, I have to give props to Dr. Duniho who has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever met. Laid back and interested, Dr. Duniho let me pepper him with questions, then listened as I opened my heart a bit. I know he cares about me as a friend and fellow Christ-follower, so I can trust him with my tears. As a nursing mom, eager to be wearing "normal" clothes again, I was disappointed to hear that my weight loss needs to be limited to 2-4 pounds a month. However, I'll try to rally my crushed spirit with the knowledge that slow and deliberate weight loss keeps pounds off longer than fast and quirky fad diets.
Lucas is doing great, by the way. Truly a joy. I feel like a whole new facet of life has opened up to me by becoming a mom. He will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. At the risk of being dramatic, I have to confess that every evening I pray that God will give me one more day with Lucas and Matt. One more day to hold them in my arms, to do silly things to make Lucas (and Matt) smile, and one more day to kiss these two precious men. I know all too well that life is a gift from the Lord and that He can take it away in an instant. That makes each day all the more worthy of being treasured.
Pray for us as we explore opportunities for me to stay home with Lucas. More on that later.
S
Comments
What a wonderful person you have become. I always knew you where a strong lady but, now watching you be a mom is just what you where cut out to be. It fills my heart with such joy to see you doing so geat at this thing we call life. I know the LORD looks down and this gives him great joy to see you & Matt loving his gift so much. Sweetheart you are doing so wonderful at this. I look forwar to reading & seeing your blog we here in Spring Hill Fl look for it everyday. Thank you for opening up your life so we can share it with you. Love you very much Lisa & Robby