Skip to main content

Happy Candy Day

It's Halloween. I tried to wait as long as possible before buying any candy. You see, I'm a sucker for sweets, so candy in our house doesn't last very long. Tonight, Matt, Lucas and I are passing out Milk Duds, mini Snickers, lollipops, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Or what's left of the peanut butter cups. haha

Lucas continually amazes us every day. He is so laid back and happy. We love making him laugh and smile at our silly faces and funny voices. He is routinely sleeping 8-10 hours straight at night and eating about 7 times a day. Matt and I made the official decision last week for me to permanetly stay home with him. I am thrilled to be joining the ranks of the stay-at- home moms. In fact, I'm quite honored. I am looking into opportunities to watch another child or two in my home which will make my day fuller, but fun. I like to think of it as further training for days ahead. (We definately hope to have more than one child in the future.)

I still get weepy simply thinking of how blessed we are. It was just a year ago, October 11th, that I had surgery with the hopes of repairing my damaged organs. We had no idea that God would choose to bless us with a child and so soon. I remember sitting in my car after my lunch break, weeks before the surgery, and praying that God would do something in our lives in such a huge way that we could only stand back and say, "Wow, that was God!"...... And people say God doesn't hear our prayers......

Happy Candy Day everyone. I'm off the living room in search of more sugar. ha

Comments

SaraEliza said…
You're right Mel.... Praise God!
Anonymous said…
Matt, Sara, and Lucas,

My name is Mandy and I'm Jennie Smith's cousin. I wandered to your blog through their link and I wanted to tell you thank you for posting your amazing story...or blessing, if you will. I was told at 18 years that having children would be difficult for me...conception as well as delivery. I've prayed and prayed and I believe when the time comes, and Andy and I get married, if God's will says we will have children, we will. Your story has given me hope, and I enjoy reading about how happy the three of you are. So, thank you and may God continue to bless you every day!

~*mandy*~

James 1:2-3
Anonymous said…
CONGRATS!!!!!! On getting to stay home. I know you will enjoy the time with Lucas. I am very happy for you and Matt. What a wonderful job you guys are doing Iam so proud of you both! Love Lisa Richburg
Anonymous said…
I was captured while reading about your recent experiences, as I am expecting my first son on or around Dec 3rd (sooner would be nice). I am 36 weeks this week.....and cannot believe it. I too am having a "Lucas" and feel that God has blessed me with this entire experience. I miscarried several times prior to this pregnancy but realize this is all part of God's plan and am thankful to be here, healthy today. Your pictures are adorable and I am so happy for you!! Also a blessing for you to stay home with your new son!

Thank you for your words!

God bless you and your family!!

P.S. I love his clothes too....where do you shop for him?

Michelle
SaraEliza said…
Congratulations Michelle! Being a mom is one of the greatest joys in life! Thanks for reading my blog. I'm so happy to hear that it touched you. I feel like God gave me endometriosis so that I can encourage other women who have faced their own challenges. Having been through so much and now getting to hold my son, all I can say is that all of the heartache that you have faced will somehow feel different once you meet your little one. Congrats again!

Sara

The outfit from the pumpkin patch came from Target!
SaraEliza said…
Mandy,

I too will pray that when the time is right, God will bless you with a child. I believe in His power to heal and perform miracles. I've seen it in my own body. And I praise Him for it! Thanks for reading!

Sara :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...